Sunday, August 30, 2009

You know you've been working to hard when...

Friday night is the only night I splurge and watch a movie after the kids are in bed. Saturday nights get too late with 9:00 church. So I started a movie about 8:30ish. Dan says he's going to be soon, he has to go to work at 5:30 the next morning. (note: he's been working 10 1/2 hour days this whole week.) Okay, fine. Go to bed.
The movie ends around 11:30 and I head to bed.
There's a lamp on low left on for me, so I try to be as quiet as possible. Dan wakes up anyway, looks at me and says "good morning." I thought it was an odd thing to say, maybe he's just being sarcastic.
Then he looks at the clock and says out loud, "it's 11:30". Good he sees that it's still nighttime. Right?
I head to the bathroom and realize (too late of course) that I need more toilet paper. I call for Dan (since he's awake anyway) and he gets up and brings me some.
I finish my bathroom nighttime routine and go back to the bedroom. He's kneeling by the bed.
I say, "What are you doing?"
"Praying," he responds.
OK, he must have forgotten to pray earlier, right? I kneel down to pray with him and I say the NIGHTTIME (wording should have been noticed, right?) prayer.
I then get into bed and he heads for the bathroom. After a few minutes I realize the shower is running.
"What is he doing?" I wonder. I go in the bathroom, he's taking a shower.
I ask "Why are you showering now."
"Isn't it morning?" he asks.
How could he still think it was morning?? He had actually said out loud, "it's 11:30."
We both just laughed, it was so funny.
I think being 6 hours early for work is a little excessive.
And, by the way, the next morning he didn't remember getting me the toilet paper either!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is too funny!